Re: Mdi Forms with Controls and Child Forms

<savvaschr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb
Hello,

I have an MDI Parent Form and when I add a control on it , lets say
a Button,
then when I open an MDI Child Form from the Parent Form, the Button
is Visible on that Form Child Form,Is actually in Front of it.
How can I prevent that , How can i send the Button back to the
Backround lets say and see only the Child Form?

It's by design to show only MDI child forms in the MDI parent's client area. Dock the button (set dock property) to any side to reduce the size available for the child windows.

Armin

  • Re: vb.net mdi parent - child forms problem
    ... Code run from MDI child forms still executes in the context of the MDI ... your Oracle procedure from that, or otherwise invoke the Oracle procedure ... click (main menu of the parent form) brings up a child form. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Weird Problem: Closing MDI Parent re-directed to MDI Child
    ... I see now why it goes to the child forms first. ... At the MDI form level I handle the Form.Closed event. ... Opening the child form loads some user controls and adds event handlers to ... > I would expect when you close the MDI parent that it will be re-directed ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: MDI Min Max - still there - solved
    ... When the child first form gets created it doesnt open in maximize. ... window look pretty than actually trying to code the real code needed ... Basically think of a form with a Panel docked left, ... the space where the new mdi child form can be displayed is ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: MDI Min Max - still there
    ... When the child first form gets created it doesnt open in maximize. ... window look pretty than actually trying to code the real code needed ... Basically think of a form with a Panel docked left, ... the space where the new mdi child form can be displayed is ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Clicking a button and pressing Enter key act different in MDI
    ... by design, because in Win32 code, the MDI Child also can not have a mdi ... child without maximize and minimize box. ... using the app us have I still get strange results. ... Nothing happens so I click Switch. ...