Re: dll late binding to a app

here is a working simple example

michel Posseth

"Michel Posseth [MCP]" wrote:

well it should work like this ( at least it does with me :- )

< info you have read in the previous post >
The concept is pretty simple

1. create a generic interface and compile this to a dll
2. create your plugin and implement the interface in the class you want to
start from the outside

3. create a application and set a reference to the interface dll

now you do

Dim objAssembly As Reflection.Assembly
objAssembly = Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(FullPathToAssemblyDllOrExe)

Dim YourObject as Yourinterface =

Note :
Namespace.YourClassToInvoke ( namespace defaults to the assembly name but
can be set under project , properties , application , root namespace )

And that`s it !! :-)

YourObject is now initiated and can be controled from your code with the
interface that you provided
</info you should have read in the previous post >

probably something goes wrong here

example from one of my test projects

Dim objAssembly As Reflection.Assembly
objAssembly =

Dim YourObject as Yourinterface =

Note the ista. part is the namespace ( you must provide the namespace name )

I will wrap up a hello world example

"b00n1" wrote:

I've taken a look at this and tried one of your examples creating a
generic interface compiled to a dll then referenced and implemented in
the late bound dll, then reference the generic interface in the client
app, do a directcast as you say and I still get the same result. what
going on...