Re: Changing Printer's default paper

Panos wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying to print a report in A4 paper, but my printer's default paper is different (Letter 8.5 x 11 inches). So when i print, a significant part of the paper remains blank, because of the different margins. Does anyone know how to programmatically change the printer's default paper? Almost all properties of the Printersettings Class on this matter are ReadOnly.

Thank u

Panos

Take a look at -

DefaultPageSettings.PaperSize.PaperName

or maybe consider showing the User a Dialog where they can select the size -

PrintDialog1.ShowDialog()
or use the PageSetupDialog

or better still, if as you wrote it's your own printer, then change the default through "Printers and Faxes" within your operating system and you won't need to worry too much about it.

There are a number of ways to do it, but you didn't state which version of Visual Studio you're using. The help within VS2005 provides a heap of help, with complete code examples, for this topic.

Regards,

ShaneO

There are 10 kinds of people - Those who understand Binary and those who
don't.
.