Re: GPS & Windows Mobile

Yes. For VS 2003, you can download my CFDecodeGPS dll (see Software
Downloads on my homepage), or the SDF on www.opennetcf.org. These work with
all GPS receivers that output standard NMEA-0183 data, and yes, they work
with BT receivers. My CFDecodeGPS class works with VS 2005, too. VS 2003
does not have a built-in serial object, but the downloads that I suggested
above include serial connectivity.

For VS 2005, you can use the built-in System.IO.Ports class for serial
connectivity. There also is a GPS API included for Windows Mobile 5 devices
(though I haven't had any real success with it).

BTW, my book (see below) has example GPS source code for Compact Framework 1
and 2 (Pocket PC 2002/3 and Windows Mobile 5, and that can be used on a
variety of Windows CE platforms, too).

Dick

Thanks Dick. Rather than use a DLL, I want to do this using native
code that I have written, especially as I might want to distribute in
the future some/all of the the code. I plan to use VB2005 although I
am very tempted to stick with VB2003 because I have not yet used 2005
(however, the fact that 2005 has IO.Ports is very tempting). Am I
right in assuming that the 2.0 framework can be installed on CE, Pocket
PC and Windows Mobile?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Hugh

  • Re: GPS & Windows Mobile
    ... interface with a GPS device to receive data? ... Downloads on my homepage), ... There also is a GPS API included for Windows Mobile 5 devices ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Hijacking Satellite Navigation Sending false signals to GPS receivers could disrupt critical infrast
    ... Sending false signals to GPS receivers could disrupt critical ... The Global Positioning System (GPS) lies at the heart of an increasing ... roughly 30 satellites orbit the earth, ...
    (sci.military.naval)
  • Final Report of FCC Working Group: Lose LightSquared from L-Band,July 6, 2011
    ... Final Report of FCC Working Group: ... Such a network would cause unacceptable interference to GPS operations, wiping out an installed base of over 500 million units used in a wide array of public safety, aviation, industrial and consumer applications. ... The final report to the Federal Communications Commission on three months of research by the technical working group tasked to investigate and analyze effects of powerful terrestrial L-band transmitters on the GPS signal and services finally appeared on June 30, nearly two weeks after its assigned date. ... the LightSquared signal would devastate services for users of all GPS receivers tested. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Final Report of FCC Working Group: Lose LightSquared from L-Band
    ... Final Report of FCC Working Group: ... Such a network would cause unacceptable interference to GPS operations, wiping out an installed base of over 500 million units used in a wide array of public safety, aviation, industrial and consumer applications. ... The final report to the Federal Communications Commission on three months of research by the technical working group tasked to investigate and analyze effects of powerful terrestrial L-band transmitters on the GPS signal and services finally appeared on June 30, nearly two weeks after its assigned date. ... the LightSquared signal would devastate services for users of all GPS receivers tested. ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)
  • Re: Third party applications on GPS receivers
    ... receivers - this class of applications are those written by a GPS ... There is another class of 3rd party software which has interfaces for ... GPS receivers built in. ... suggest, the NMEA data stream to provide position, heading, and speed ...
    (sci.geo.satellite-nav)