Re: Another Printing Question

"Herfried K. Wagner [MVP]" <hirf-spam-me-here@xxxxxx> a écrit dans le
message de news: eP1bmD6nGHA.3440@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"Anne DeBlois" <annedeblois@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
You can basically pass the scaled height and width to 'DrawImage'. Note
that backslashes inside string literals must not be escaped in VB.NET.

You mean I can pass parameters to the DrawImage method?

Yes, just check out the different overloads in the documentation or the
object browser.

Thank you very much!

As for the escaped backslashes, I had to do it because I got a first
chance exception (FileNotFound) using "simple" backslashes when
compiling... Someone suggested that I escape them.

Sorry, but that's nonsense for VB.NET -- are you sure you are using
VB.NET?!

Of course, I am using VB.NET in VS2005. And yeah, that's a nonsense but it
got me rid of that filenotfound exception at that time.

Anne

  • Re: pygame music, cant read mp3?
    ... format is to use backslashes as separators, ... escaped in python's regular string literals, ... only because you've been lucky in not having escape characters following ... Notice that the \ gets doubled automatically by python in many ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: get only filenames and not directory names under a specific path.
    ... > I'm guess maybe it's must do that when it's double quotes. ... but with two exceptions: the escape character itself ... the string delimiter can also be escaped to allow embedded single quotes, ... means that a path with a trailing backslash needs two backslashes there to avoid ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Re: Reading Text Files
    ... Did not your compiler generate some mandatory diagnostics on ... escape sequences invoking undefined behaviour. ... the OP is not using C99. ... because backslashes are escape characters in ISO C. ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: TR 24731 approved
    ... Can't you just escape all question marks with backslashes, the same way you have to escape quotation marks and backslashes? ...
    (comp.std.c)
  • Re: simple question
    ... Quoting is simpler with $style command substitution. ... escape the inner quotes with backslashes. ... Shell Scripting Recipes: ...
    (comp.unix.shell)