Re: How are you handling EUL agreement?

I was referring to after they agree.

Brett

"Jay B. Harlow [MVP - Outlook]" <Jay_Harlow_MVP@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:%23UO2NuDQFHA.248@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Brett,
> | Right. But where do you store the information that says the user
> selected
> | "agree"? You don't want the agreement popping up everytime.
> If they don't agree nothing gets installed. If nothing gets installed,
> they
> cannot run your app.
>
> Hope this helps
> Jay
>
> "Brett" <no@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> |
> | "95isalive" <admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> | > for the installer try Inno. http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php
> | > it's free.
> |
> | Nice. Thanks.
> |

> | > As for the popup, it's a text file you create and then include at
> compile
> | > time.
> |
> | Right. But where do you store the information that says the user
> selected
> | "agree"? You don't want the agreement popping up everytime.
> |
> | Also, how could I prevent users from modifying what I set for their
> | agreement choice? In other words, if I write to a text file, I don't
> want
> | them changing my 1 back to a 0. This also raises the question of, where
> do
> | I store the application unlock success switch? I know Active Lock is
> | available but it's open source and I have reservations about that
> because
> | it's easier to crack. Comments?
> |

> | > --
> | > Steve Easton
> | > Microsoft MVP FrontPage
> | > 95isalive
> | > This site is best viewed..................
> | > ..............................with a computer
> | > "Brett" <no@xxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> select

  • Re: How are you handling EUL agreement?
    ... But where do you store the information that says the user selected ... You don't want the agreement popping up everytime. ... |>> Say I want my installation to popup a user agreement, ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Week Number in Fujitsu cobol
    ... questions like 'how often will this report be run?' ... should it be parameterised so as to be able to run for multiple bases, ... is it for a single 'store' or will it be for a series of 'stores' ... installation or should it be parameterised so as to be able to run for ...
    (comp.lang.cobol)
  • Re: Ping Eagle - Explain?
    ... He wound up blowing out the controller for the ovens and ... the control transformer in one of the AC air handlers. ... Here's a look at an installation from 2009 that is now gone because ... the POS system was moved from another system at an older store that I ...
    (alt.2600)
  • Re: Exchange Information Store Help
    ... Description - The information store stopped when the 16GB limit was hit ... install of SP2 for Exchange. ... During installation, I recieved and error ... You may cancel the installation or try the failed setup ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Ping Eagle - Explain?
    ... up blowing out the controller for the ovens and the control ... into a double pole breaker instead of the neutral bar. ... Here's a look at an installation from 2009 that is now gone because the city took the property for a stadium and the store had to be moved. ... I sold them the phone system and video surveillance gear and the POS system was moved from another system at an older store that I had installed. ...
    (alt.2600)