Re: Problem with Windows XP SP2 and VB.Net code

From: Gordon Bell (gsbell_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/22/04

Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 03:35:32 -0500

You could uncheck the 'Reuse Windows for Launching Shortcuts' on the
Advanced tab in Internet Explorer Options.

"Blaxer" <Blaxer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ouch, I may have spoke too soon here. It seems that although this code
works
> it will "replace the url" of any instance of IE that is already running,
> which for us is bad! Any ideas?
>

> Thank you!
>
> "Ken Tucker [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try this instead.
> >
> > Process.Start(www.yahoo.com)
> >

> > Ken
> >
> > -----------------------------------
> >
> > "Blaxer" <Blaxer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using the following code to open an instance of Internet Explorer
with
> > specific URL.
> >
> > Dim Argument_String as String = "www.yahoo.com"
> > System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("C:\Program Files\Internet
> > Explorer\iexplore.exe", Argument_String)
> >
> > If I have the new XP SP2 IE pop-up blocker enabled the browser does not
come
> > up at all, if I disable it it "pops-up" just fine. If I put, for
example,
> > www.yahoo.com in the list of sites to not block pop-ups for it has no
effect
> > and is still blocked.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated...
> >
> > TIA...

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internet Explorer Options
    ... Subject: Internet Explorer Options ... well, iirc, Internet Explorer already logs every URL you've visited ... "do you like sau-sau-sausages? ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Popups
    ... Internet Explorer just ... freezes for approx 10 seconds. ... Relatively new laptop, Compac Presario 2100. ... Spoke to Microsoft and they said Computer ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.setup)
  • Re: Problem adding a SubMenu inside the systemMenu of an application
    ... Benoit spoke thus: ... > Internet Explorer. ... Everything seems to work fine for now, my submenu ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: website?program restrictions
    ... Pay a visit to Dougs site, ... your brothers account and apply the required settings, before locking down ... the Internet Explorer options, you should block the sites as you have ... suggested, but if you then apply restrictions to internet explorer, he won't ...
  • RE: Internet Explorer Browser got hack
    ... Internet Explorer Browser got hack ... >unkown 3rd party Search bar in Internet Explorer. ... I have try going to Internet Explorer Options ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)