Re: ConfigurationManager

I basically have a C#.net 2008 solution that I need to make changes to. I am
trying to determine how this solution (.sln file) is setup. There is no
documentation.
When I compile this application is debug mode, it needs lots of files. If I
compile the .sln file in 'release' mode, the application compiles with a few
warnings.

Basically I am trying to determine how this .sln is setup beofre I make
any changes to it.

Why would buidling in release mode versus debug mode make a difference?
Does it make sense to add a reference to a .dll file in release mode but not
in debug mode?

"Peter Duniho" wrote:

aaron wrote:
I would like to know how to use the ConfigurationManager for building
(compiling) various parts of a C#.net 2008 windows application. Can you tell
me the following:
1. How do you setup more options for 'building' configuration settings (like
'test-servera', 'test-serverb').
This would be in addition to the default options of 'debug' and 'release'?
2. If I setup a solution that has several projects in it, how could I setup
'selected project files' that I want to work with?
In other words, I would to 'pick' what modules I want to build in a
particular run of the application?

What part of the Configuration Manager dialog are you specifically
having trouble with? I realize it's not 100% intuitive, but it's also
not really _that_ bad of a dialog. There are only a few things you can
do in it, and the things you can do seem reasonably obvious to me.

What in that dialog is specifically causing you difficulty?

Pete

  • Re: vb.net share data
    ... trying to determine how this solution (.sln file) is setup. ... When I compile this application is debug mode, ... These settings are also configuration dependent. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: vb.net share data
    ... trying to determine how this solution (.sln file) is setup. ... When I compile this application is debug mode, ... Basically I am trying to determine how this .sln is setup beofre I make ... Does it make sense to add a reference to a .dll file in release mode but not ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: ConfigurationManager
    ... When I compile this application is debug mode, ... If I compile the .sln file in 'release' mode, the application compiles with a few warnings. ... You do need to make sure that in the Solution properties the dependencies between projects are configured correctly, so that VS can make sure each project that's being built for a particular Solution configuration is built in the correct order. ...
  • Re: C# objects
    ... trying to determine how this solution (.sln file) is setup. ... When I compile this application is debug mode, ... Basically I am trying to determine how this .sln is setup beofre I make ... work with another project file? ...
  • Re: C# objects
    ... am trying to determine how this solution (.sln file) is setup. ... When I compile this application is debug mode, ... Basically I am trying to determine how this .sln is setup beofre I make ... work with another project file? ...