Re: Handling severe packet loss (serialization).

Most protocols use a checksum to avoid this problem. Look around on
the web at CRC32 implementations. I think you could work something
like that in to your serialization code.

  • Re: binary file compare...
    ... sequence into account. ... checksum has been specifically designed to be fast and compact, ... I know that the various checksum algorithms aren't exactly cheap, ... Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Finding the right CRC methode
    ... > I want to use a controlunit with display and keyboard for two ... > The problem is the checksum or crc code from both of the protocols. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Finding the right CRC methode
    ... I want to use a controlunit with display and keyboard for two ... The problem is the checksum or crc code from both of the protocols. ...
    (sci.crypt)
  • Re: Unbuffered network save
    ... one's embedded device does not support CKU (ChecKsum Offload) ... then even if you avoid the copy, you will not avoid the data access ... CKO without copy avoidance) ... First time I hear this term 'copy-avoidance', ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: TCP/IP CRC question
    ... which is why it implemented its own checksum. ... as did protocols on different layers of the stack. ...
    (Security-Basics)