RE: Launch Default Browser with Users Home Page

Hi Jon,

You can open the default browser by just starting a process with the correct
browser without any arguments.

This would start internet explorer with the default homepage.
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start("iexplore");

Ryan Farley has a simple method that reads the default browser information
from the registry

http://ryanfarley.com/blog/archive/2004/05/16/649.aspx

Using his getDefaultBrowser method you can simply do
System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(getDefaultBrowser());

--
Happy Coding!
Morten Wennevik [C# MVP]

"Jon Berry" wrote:

Is there a way to launch the default browser with the users home page?

This works for launching the browser with a page:

System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(http://www.google.com);

I don't need it to load a page, however.

Thanks.

  • Is Microsoft Ready to Lose the Browser Wars?
    ... Is Microsoft Ready to Lose the Browser Wars? ... Rather than just bundle Internet Explorer, ... those days, there was even a Mac version, one that Apple accepted, along ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OE as Default
    ... Do I still need to reset my Web settings? ... How to Make Internet Explorer the Default Web Browser ... Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser - ...
  • Re: OE as Default
    ... Do I still need to reset my Web settings? ... How to Make Internet Explorer the Default Web Browser ... Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser - ...
  • La.i 1 anh Ru`a IE9 mo*i dza no` :)))
    ... Internet Explorer 9: An Early Look ... Explorer 9 browser engine out for a spin. ... Speed and standards. ... performance and standards support. ...
    (soc.culture.vietnamese)
  • Re: OE as Default
    ... How to Make Internet Explorer the Default Web Browser ... Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser - ... some of your Internet Explorer settings ... You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to ...