Re: Tray process question

Hi,

"DBC User" <dbcuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1176746314.065311.149900@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lets say, my tray program checks the timer and if it is 8:00PM, then
it should copy bunch of files from one directory to another directory.
My question is if the PC is running in screen saver mode or in
hibernation will it still run?

There is a differnce between hibernation and seeing the screen saver, in the
latter the computer is running normally, its just no refreshing the screen.
In hibernation you save the status of the machine for it to be restored at a
later date. But it's not executing nothing.

So the answer is Yes to screensaver, No to hibernation

  • Re: Hibernation / Suspend Lockup
    ... Suspend and hibernation have nothing to do with ... Hibernation saves all the info ... Sounds to me like you had the password on screen saver set, ... workstation message and password required to get back in. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Tray process question
    ... Screen saver and hibernation are very different. ... In fact, unlike with sleep/suspend mode, when the computer is in hibernate mode it is actually turned off. ... You will probably need to combine that configuration with whatever your program does to allow it to actually run when you want it to, if the computer might be turned off or suspended when the process is supposed to execute. ...
  • Faded screen?
    ... I keep getting a faded screen after being idle for some ... time (hibernation, screen saver, even after I turn the pc ... Amanda ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Tray process question
    ... Screen saver and hibernation are very different. ... your program won't have the ability to execute at a specific time ... Most computers do have a BIOS setting that allows the computer to turn on ...
  • Re: Hibernation
    ... but had a bunch of references to 5.x. ... I'd like to go with FreeBSD 8.1 amd64 for my next system. ... Hibernation and Wake on Lan would both be useful. ...
    (freebsd-questions)