Re: How to send/recieve Emotion Icons in IM application

Hello Jay,

I am developing a chat application in C# where I want to send/recieve
emotion icons.
Is there a way to implement this feature?

The way that all IM protocols do it that I've ever had a look at, is to implement the interpretation of the various string shortcuts of the icons locally. So if somebody sends a message containing the string :-), the client will notice that when the message is displayed and show an image of a smiley instead. That is actually a rather good idea, as it allows various multi-protocol clients to use their own, possibly even replacable icon sets.

Or were you asking something entirely different?

Oliver Sturm
--
http://www.sturmnet.org/blog
.