Re: Dynazip - Unable to unzip. Please help!

Ok, I fixed this. For future reference - the duzn object has the
ErrorCode property that gives you the nature of the error. In my case,
I received the UE_UNKNOWN error because dzncore.dll (that ships with
DynaZip Max) was in an incorrect location. Once I added it to
C:\Windows\system32, it worked like a charm.

Peter wrote:
Regardless that the permissions "seem to be ok" I'd strongly suspect that it
still is a write permission issue.
Peter

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
UnBlog:
http://petesbloggerama.blogspot.com

"spdude" wrote:

Hi,

We are using Dynazip to unzip files on our server. It works perfectly
on a test box but when the same code is deployed to the production, it
chokes. It creates the unzipped file with 0 bytes. It makes me think
that is some kinda environment/system issue but am not sure what it is.
I have checked the permissions on the folder/file and it seems to be
good.

Any help is really appreciated.

The code is as below.

<<snip

CDUnZipNET duzn = new CDUnZipNET();

// Set Dynazip settings
duzn.ZIPFile = OutputDir + ZipFileName;

duzn.Filespec = FileNameInsideOfZip;

//no. of bytes offset to start unzipping
duzn.StartingOffset = 0;
duzn.StartingOffsetH = 0;

duzn.MemoryBlockSize = 1024 * 1024 * 6;
duzn.MemoryBlockSizeH = 0;

fsOUT = new System.IO.FileStream(OutputDir + "FileOUT.xml",
System.IO.FileMode.OpenOrCreate,
System.IO.FileAccess.ReadWrite,
System.IO.FileShare.None);

if(fsOUT.CanWrite)
{
fsOUT.SetLength(0);
//Uses MemtoMem Event to stream data from ZIP file to memory
duzn.UnZipMemToMemCallback += new
CDUnZipNET.OnUnZipMemToMemCallback(this.UnZipMemToMemCallback_event);
//Perform the UnZIP File To Memory Streaming function
duzn.ActionDZ = CDUnZipNET.DUZACTION.UNZIP_FILETOMEM_STREAM;
}
else
{
//Problem with opening/creating the Output temp file so return
empty dataset
return data;
}

fsOUT.Close();

snip >>

  • Re: Dynazip - Unable to unzip. Please help!
    ... We are using Dynazip to unzip files on our server. ... //Uses MemtoMem Event to stream data from ZIP file to memory ... //Perform the UnZIP File To Memory Streaming function ... //Problem with opening/creating the Output temp file so return ...