Re: OT: US job market

Hello Dan,

DR> I've been programming as a hobbyist for well over 20 years and I've
DR> finally decided to go back to school and get certified (MCPD).

DR> But what are my chances of finding employment? Are all the good
DR> programming jobs going to India?

it's up to you :) there are a lot of job all over the world :)

---
WBR,
Michael Nemtsev :: blog: http://spaces.msn.com/laflour

"At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid." (c) Friedrich Nietzsche

  • Re: Jobs in php
    ... programming jobs? ... Depends on where you are, your experience, the employer and the job. ... Here in central Virginia, a good Java programmer working at the ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: web quiz
    ... > the head of the competition showed how Indian programmers finished no ... > conclusion of the segment warned US companies that they are not getting ... > the best workers for the job when they export their programming jobs. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: web quiz
    ... did you by any chance see a Lou Dobbs segment on CNN ... a couple of night ago about the exporting of programming jobs? ... the competition showed how Indian programmers finished no better than 60th ... when they export their programming jobs. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)
  • Re: Quick questions...
    ... > lot of programming jobs to third-world countries... ... > geriatic care, species extinction prevention, or pulling companies (or ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: a question relating to job application
    ... However neither education nor experience ... is necessary to get programming jobs. ... but there are plenty of jobs where you can ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)