Extract an icon from an imagelist

Hi,
I have an imagelist initialized in design time with
several icons files (.ico).
However, when I need to extract an icon (Image)
from the Imagelist, I can't convert it back to an icon:

statusBarPanel1.Icon = imageList1.Images[0]; // cast/as don't work
// Cannot convert type 'System.Drawing.Image' to 'System.Drawing.Icon'

What am I mising here?
Thanks!
Udi.

  • Re: Exctracting an icon from an EXE
    ... PrivateExtractIcon() located in User32.dll that can extract a specified icon ... extract the 128x128 sized icon only to display it on a PictureBox ...
  • =?UTF-8?B?QU5OOiBNdWx0aUV4dHJhY3RvciB2Mi42LjFhIHVwZGF0ZQ==?=
    ... Version history ... MultiExtractor is an application that allows you to rip / extract ... It can extract files stored in MICROSOFT? ... It has a very strong FILTERING options (like icon properties, ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.tools)
  • Re: Embedded resource
    ... Look at the icon ... PE file then extract it and copy it into your new DLL. ... >> DalePres ...
  • Re: Exctracting an icon from an EXE
    ... Ah, yeah, you can specify the size in the actual Windows API call, this is ... see any way to extract a specified icon size. ...
  • Re: ExtractIcon to PictureBox
    ... If you don't need to provide for icon selection ... Public Declare Function GetIconInfo Lib "user32" (ByVal hIcon As Long, ... > How do extract the icon from an exe file to the picture box? ...
    (microsoft.public.vb.winapi)