Re: Need some help with serialization please

> object into the new application (that contains the exact class as the
> SupportTool).

Does this mean that you have referenced a .dll that contains the exact
class or merely added the class .vb file into the second project? If
you just added the .vb file to the second project, you are not using
the same class. It is a completely different type, even though the
code is the same.

Your best bet is to place the class you want to (de)serialize into its
own Class Library and then reference it from both projects. That will
insure that you are (de)serializing the *same* type.

  • Re: Type or namespace name not found
    ... Rookie wrote: ... > I would like the second project to launch from within the ... > made known to the first project, but I am unsure how to ... Yes - as the error message suggested, you need to add a reference. ...
  • Re: One solution, 2 projects and one problem
    ... In your project with the form, add a reference to the project with the ... If the string is a static public member of the second project, ... public partial class Form1: Form ...
  • Re: several projects
    ... presuming your code is in the first project, you need to add a reference to ... then select projects tab, double click on the second project, then OK ... > namespace Intel " ...
  • Re: RedirectFromLoginPage never returns to original page
    ... I can't find any reference in the Project ... > You probably have your second project configured as an application in IIS. ... >> Authenticate is my routine. ... >> file in the parent folder. ...
  • Re: avoiding ClassCastException
    ... if you're clueless about the reference to security in the context ... of checking for the exact class, ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)