InstallUtil: custom options

I have 2 questions about custom options in InstallUtil.

The help screen for InstallUtil says this:

--- quote ---
Options take the form /switch=[value]
<...a list of options follows...>
Individual installers used within an assembly may recognize other options.
To learn about these options, run InstallUtil with the paths of the
assemblies
on the command line along with the /? or /help option.
--- end of quote ---

The questions are:
1. How do I get the custom options passed into InstallUtil?
Suppose I type a command line:
installutil /x=a /y=b <assembly_name.dll>
How do I get "x=a" and "y=b" in my class?

2. How do I pass the information about supported custom options to
InstallUtil, so that
it is available from "installutil /? <assembly_name.dll>".

Thank you.

  • RE: InstallUtil, PerformanceCounterInstaller interactions
    ... I don't gac my assemblies; ... InstallUtil on the new dll in one directory, I noticed it breaking a number ... that installing perfcounters and an event log source changed how assembly ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Using InstallUtil - Unknown Error "-1"
    ... the \bin\Release and/or Debug folder and running if from there. ... InstallUtil command from the vs command prompt. ... I built a similar service on my personal machine at home and I am able ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Setting command line arguments for a service at install time
    ... I would like to set command line arguments to a service at install time. ... File or assembly name BDCC, ... installutil "StartUpParams.exe -a BDCC" ... user can change the the parameter without uninstalling the service first. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Problem in creating a Windows Service
    ... I am able to run the service locally which i installed using installutil ... command. ... now i have to implement the same on the Server. ...
  • Re: Deployment / MSI Question
    ... needs to run InstallUtil from the command line in order to access your .NET ... command window pops up. ... I've configured the setup to run a custom action, ...