How to stop screensaver from running (not deactivate)

I am trying to stop the screen saver from running based on a external trigger
from our application.

I have a .Net application and I am using interop to make a
SystemParameterInfo() call to determine if the screensaver is running and
that works OK, but I do not see a way to force it to stop running. I tried to
deactivate and reactivate it but that does not force it to quit. I do not
want to disable it all together. I really just want a way to stop the
screensaver from running and reset the timer to start counting again from 0.

Any ideas?

  • Re: Logoff users after idle time?
    ... I had hoped to find a way to do this without using screensaver, ... > off their workstations after an idle time. ... > Domain Policy and choose Edit. ... Enable the "Screen Saver" policy so that users will have a screen ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: screen saver stopped working
    ... >>> selecting "blank" means no screensaver, ... >> Ken Blake - Microsoft MVP Windows: ... >>>> The screen saver in use is the one named 'blank' in the ... >>>> of savers built in with XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Screensaver not working
    ... You can manually start the screen saver, and add a shortcut to the Quick ... On mine if I go to msconfig/startup and untick "ehtray" my screensaver will ... I,too, had contacted Dell and Microsoft and both wanted to ... working on my main account with Admin rights but worked on the Hp_ ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: RESOLVED Maybe Re: Screensaver Weirdness
    ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... messages when I leave the screensaver. ... to disable or 1 to enable the login screen saver. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • RESOLVED Maybe Re: Screensaver Weirdness
    ... messages when I leave the screensaver. ... to disable or 1 to enable the login screen saver. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)