RE: communication to serial port

I found this

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/richard_grier/NETCommOCX.htm

Mike

"Jorge L Matos [MCSD.NET]" wrote:

> Mike,
>
> There isn't anything native in .NET to talk to the Serial Port, there will
> be in the next version. You can still use the MSComm object by adding a
> reference, the IDE will create a .NET Interop wrapper class that you can then
> use in your .NET code.
>
> "Mike D" wrote:
>
> > I need to write a program that takes data from a balance connected via serial
> > port. In vb I would use the MSComm object. What is available in vb.net??
> >
> > Thanks
> > Mike

  • Re: COM port goes to sleep and doesnt wake up
    ... It's not only the device that Mike uses - it applies to all PDA's no matter ... the power off doesn't clean up everything when closing, ... the serial port or bluetooth ports will have to disable power save. ... >> Hi Paul ...
  • Re: Serial keyboard
    ... And the company tells that I can buy at a local store a serial ... Mike ... > there is a minimal current from the serial port, i don't know what it is ... > Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. ...
  • Re: WinXP doesnt see MS Basic Mouse in serial port
    ... What should I change in the BIOS? ... serial port set to COM1. ... Mike ... >| directly into the PS/2 connector and reboot, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • communication to serial port
    ... port. ... In vb I would use the MSComm object. ... Mike ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)