Re: Directory.CreateDirectory() exception is in English with Spani

Hello Alex, Hello Walter,

I have yet to try that link, but I did just go to download from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=39C8B63B-F64B-4B68-A774-B64ED0C32AE7&displaylang=en

(The NET 2.0 version).

FYI: The Quick Details section of that webpage says 'readme.htm' and when I
click download, I get a second browser windows that says something like "No
English file exists".
I select another display language (Spanish) and clicked the change button.
Then the whole page appeared in Spanish. The Quick Details section said
"langpack.exe" and when I clicked download, I succeeded at downloading a
langpack.exe file.
Looks like some bug on the website.

I'll try the langpack soon.

--
Allan Michaels
Ann Arbor, MI

"Allan Michaels" wrote:

Thank you Alex, thank you Walter.

I haven't tried it yet, but I will. Then I'll post back if it worked.
It'll take me a little bit of time.

Thanks again.

--
Allan Michaels
Ann Arbor, MI

"Walter Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

Hi Allan,

I agree with Alex here, the MUI package you installed is just for Windows.
For .NET framework, you need to install separate language pack which
contains translated text, such as error messages, for languages other than
English.

The URL posted by Alex is for .NET 2.0, here's the URL for .NET 1.1:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04dbaf2e-61ed-43f4-
8d2a-ccb2bab7b8eb&displaylang=en

Please test this and let us know the result. Thanks.

Regards,
Walter Wang (wawang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support

  • Re: SPITBOL or SNOBOL4 in OS X unix layer?
    ... > I am a long-time user of the old-fashioned programming language package ... > MaxSPITBOL, an implementation of the text-oriented language SPITBOL, ... > But SPITBOL has had several unix implementations over the years. ... When you download it, open a Terminal window and cd to the directory ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Python obfuscation
    ... Ben Sizer wrote: ... I don't know if you can download it any more to test ... > as not 'thiscall'/static member functions, const declarations, etc. ... 68K machine language is fairly straightforward. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: how run linux from CD, porblem is very problematic
    ... different CD's one is the debian installer CD part 1 and the second one ... What is your local language? ... that i can't use linux. ... I have a broadband connection 256kbs and i get to download only at ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: what should be in a computer science degree?
    ... Robotics - make a small hardware device with a sensor of some sort ... Java Programming - a GUI app that can control the hardware device, ... a lesser language. ... you download music that your friends like, ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: Group Policy Software Installation
    ... Did you download the correct version (with respect to language)? ... EVERYBODY / Full Control share permissions and make it something like ... The .msi is located on a share with Everyone-full control ...