Re: Directory.CreateDirectory() exception is in English with Spani

Hello Alex, Hello Walter,

I have yet to try that link, but I did just go to download from

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=39C8B63B-F64B-4B68-A774-B64ED0C32AE7&displaylang=en

(The NET 2.0 version).

FYI: The Quick Details section of that webpage says 'readme.htm' and when I
click download, I get a second browser windows that says something like "No
English file exists".
I select another display language (Spanish) and clicked the change button.
Then the whole page appeared in Spanish. The Quick Details section said
"langpack.exe" and when I clicked download, I succeeded at downloading a
langpack.exe file.
Looks like some bug on the website.

I'll try the langpack soon.

--
Allan Michaels
Ann Arbor, MI

"Allan Michaels" wrote:

Thank you Alex, thank you Walter.

I haven't tried it yet, but I will. Then I'll post back if it worked.
It'll take me a little bit of time.

Thanks again.

--
Allan Michaels
Ann Arbor, MI

"Walter Wang [MSFT]" wrote:

Hi Allan,

I agree with Alex here, the MUI package you installed is just for Windows.
For .NET framework, you need to install separate language pack which
contains translated text, such as error messages, for languages other than
English.

The URL posted by Alex is for .NET 2.0, here's the URL for .NET 1.1:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=04dbaf2e-61ed-43f4-
8d2a-ccb2bab7b8eb&displaylang=en

Please test this and let us know the result. Thanks.

Regards,
Walter Wang (wawang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, remove 'online.')
Microsoft Online Community Support