System.IO.IOException: The semaphore timeout period has expired.

I have a .net service on a Win2003 server box that periodically attempts to
move files
from a local path to a UNC path on another Win2003 server box. I use
System.IO.File.Move to accomplish this task. Unforunately, this causes the
following exception to be thrown intermittently:
Exception Info: System.IO.IOException: The semaphore timeout period has
expired.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str)

at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)

Anyone else have this problem?

..NET Framework 1.1

Win2003 SP1

thanks!

  • Re: Why the .pdf can not be shown?
    ... If the local path is in the same machine as the server, ... Try using a valid virtual path for the file. ... It worked fine in dev machine. ...
  • Windows Messenger 5.1 and 5.0 problem
    ... We just deployed (Live Communication Server) LCS on our network, ... several users to access the .NET Service and of course the SIP service. ... I also turned off the LCS Server ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger)
  • RE: Wierd error
    ... Thanks for your updates. ... After checking the DNS setting on your server, I can not find any error. ... my experience, the "net service might be blocked by the firewall, so it ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Unable to access Sharepoint on SBS 2003 Error 404
    ... Click Home Directory tab, please ensure Local path is set as: ... - Windows SharePoint Services is present and Allowed. ... Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • single sign on security
    ... impersonation. ... The goal is give the client's identity to the COM server ... only the .net service host would require access in the DCOM ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop)