CHM file and webbrowser component

Hi group,

I want to show a particular html page from a chm file in the webbrowser component (.NET 2.0). It works if I have the chm file on disk and make the webbrowser navigate to it via the mk:@MSITStore url (i.e. webbrowser.Navigate("mk:@MSITStore:C:\foo.chm::/start.html")).

Now I want to embed the chm into my assembly and load it from there directly into the webbrowser component (without storing it temporarily on disk). I thought I could use webbrowser.DocumentStream and set it to the stream of the 'chm resource'. But how can I tell the webbrowser that this stream is a chm and he has to navigate to a specific html page.

Perhaps there is a completely other aproach. Any hints are welcome.

Best regards,
Martin

  • RE: SharePoint Help files
    ... If you want to create one chm file for these html files, you may need to use some chm maker utility for this. ... HTML Help Workshop" for craeting the chm. ...
  • Re: Where is code for F1 Help text?
    ... the HelpFile property belongs to the VBA project rather than the form. ... HLP is the older format, used by the WinHelp system that's vbeen ... CHM is used by the more modern HTML Help system, ... If it points to a HLP or CHM file, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.vba.general)
  • Re: Any RISC OS .chm file reader?
    ... The files are given an .chm extention and are 'Compiled HTML Help files' ... turned up a discussion saying that CHM relies on ActiveX and that Firefox ... There was also comments saying it is 'Compiled HTML' and platform specific:-( ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Any RISC OS .chm file reader?
    ... The files are given an .chm extention and are 'Compiled HTML Help files' ... turned up a discussion saying that CHM relies on ActiveX and that Firefox ... There was also comments saying it is 'Compiled HTML' and platform specific:-( ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Editors
    ... I just spent the day doing it too from the big long HTML version Randy ... has on Webster (nothing more than splitting it up into one HTML file ... changing the "index" into an appropriate form for the CHM file (now ... much smaller as a CHM file, due to the compression that these files ...
    (alt.lang.asm)