RE: mixing color.... result of multiple translucent color fill?

What you need is essentially to do the alpha blend mathematically in your
code. Let's say your rectangle is sitting there with a base color C1 = {R1,
G1, B1} with aplha A1 = 1.0. You want to do paint over it with some C2 =
{R2, G2, B2} with alpha A2 < 1.0.

For each color component c1 e {R1, G1, B1} and c2 e {R2, G2, B2} of colors
C1 and C2, the corresponding component of the blended color C3 will be c3 =
c1 * ( 1 - A2 ) + c2 * ( A2 ), and its alpha will be 1.0.

I'm sorry I could only give you the math here, but it shouldn't be too
difficult to code. Additionally, note that I assumed a 0..1.0 scale for
alpha; I don't have a framework reference handy, so I can't remember how
alpha is scaled.

"Lloyd Dupont" wrote:

> I have some painting where I fill the same rect a few times with various
> translucent color.
> I would like to paint it only once with an opaque color which would be the
> mix of all my transparent colors.
>
> how do I determine the resulting color of multiple (tanslucent) color fill?

  • Re: Pioneer anomaly engineering questions
    ... But the concept of dual space (or dual ... can already get John's dual space permittivity math from QVC. ... When using the conversion in equations that already use lambda ... same as mine except for the alpha. ...
    (sci.physics)
  • Re: Which free software could acquire 48 bits color depth pictures from a scanner ?
    ... calculations is to support image editing you do. ... and not with doing any math operations on it. ... By the way: "Scaled integer"? ... by keeping a scale factor with the data and properly setting the scale ...
    (rec.photo.digital)
  • Re: _pragmatic_ item/scale analysis
    ... > contribute substantially to scale variance. ... There should not be many dropped, if the correlations were ... > and exclusion does not lower reliability too much. ... two items, or drop one, regardless of what it does to alpha. ...
    (sci.stat.math)
  • Re: Scale creation: removing items to increase alpha
    ... I have a Performance Appraisal scale consisting initially of 8 items. ... Removal of 3 provided an acceptable alpha of .772. ... Correlation Cronbach's Alpha if Item Deleted ... reliability of the test score. ...
    (sci.stat.consult)
  • Re: Masterpiece
    ... > math is rather necessary to take these concepts ... that too me are common sense well applied. ... It does not work well on a very small scale ... As for my interest in GR it is simply a hobby and I rely on self study. ...
    (sci.physics.relativity)