Is "colspan" in ListView possible?

I am working with MS Visual studio C#.net, .net framework 1.1.

Do you have an idea, how can I use the ListView (details display mode),
that it does similarly as an html table do?
Or there is a better container which would fit my needs?

What I need in the ListView is:

1. Above some subitems, a common header should appear
(above the actual column headers).

2. In some rows I don't have all details (texts for all subitems),
but instead I have a commentary, common for some subitems.
So, I would need a kind of "colspan" in a table.

I would be grateful for any help/
Jola

I want to obtain that (example):

<th colspan='2'>

</th>
<th colspan='3'>
Block 1
</th>

<th>

</th>
<th colspan='3'>
Block 2
</th>
<th>
Main item
</th>
<th>

</th>
<th>
Subitem 1
</th>
<th>
Subitem 2
</th>
<th>
Subitem 3
</th>

<th>

</th>
<th>
Subitem 11
</th>
<th>
Subitem 22
</th>
<th>
Subitem 33
</th>
First entry

1284
4352
3214

3421
2412
3421

Second entry

here comes the commentary

4536
9867
3910

Third entry

3424
3334
3214

here comes the commentary

  • Re: Is "colspan" in ListView possible?
    ... The listview does not provide that functionality, so you will have to use ... Customizing a Control's Appearance Using Custom Draw ... a common header should appear ... In some rows I don't have all details (texts for all subitems), ...
  • Einige ListView-Probleme
    ... HitTest für die SubItems eines ListItems, ... Mein ListView... ... um den Subitems ein Icon ...
    (microsoft.public.de.vb)
  • Database woes in compact framework. Attempting to add contents of listview to database.
    ... I am attempting to add contents of a listview to a sqlceserver database for a pocket pc using VB.net 2005 compact framework. ... There are 2 subitems in the listview ... Dim ssceconn As New SqlCeConnection("Data Source = \Program ... Dim lsvItem As ListViewItem ...
  • Displaying updated subitems in Listview
    ... I'm updating the text property of subitems in a Listview which is ... Displaying subitems when the listview is initially loaded is no problem at ... this point I've tried what I think makes logical sense and thought I'd stop ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb)
  • Re: Listview Textfarbe Subitems
    ... wie kann ich im Listview die Textfarbe der Subitems ändern, ... VBnet konvertiert, aber leider erfolglos, trotz keiner Fehlermeldung. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.vb)