RE: Can't access digital camera to copy from in code

From: Glen M (Glen_at_newsgroup.nospam)
Date: 03/11/05

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:25:08 -0800

Rhett,
When I look at the path on a FolderItem, this is what it is:
@";;{E211B736-43FD-11D1-9EFB-0000F8757FCD}\devid:{6BDD1FC6-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}\0000:\0000\Root\000_0091"
I remove the ;; and apend .jpg and send the string to FileExists();
I get a false returned. The good thing is FileExists doesn't throw an
Exception - it just can't find the file.
Ideas?

"Rhett Gong [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Glen,
> I noticed you get a pidl from BrowseForFolder. At this situation we can
> call SHGetPathFromIDList to get the system path. Then you should be able to
> utilize .Net IO classes to manipulate the files.
>
> Thanks,
> Rhett Gong [MSFT]
> Microsoft Online Partner Support
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Backup Copy of Source File
    ... Sub tester() ... Function GetNextIncrementedFullFilename(RootFilename As String, Optional ... FileExists = False ... If the filename already exists in the Archive directory, ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • Re: Formula Error
    ... Function WkBkExists(WkBk As String) ... FileExists = False ... insert a code module ... press Alt-F11 again to return to the workbook ...
  • Re: Revisit Shell Function
    ... Dim FileExists As Boolean ... Dim FromPath As String ... Dim FileNum As Integer ...