Display vbCrLf in datagridview

I am working with the new datagridview control. In my sql table, I
have a varchar(500) column wich holds address information for an entry
in what we call "label" format.

In other words, I concantonated the address lines together into on
string with vbCrLF inserted in between the address lines and
city/state/zip line. So, a typical address in this column should look
like:

1 Main Street
Suite 1000
Anytown, ST 12345

However, when I bind this to my datagridview control, the vbCrLf
characters in the string do not "translate" and the address displays on
one line with a box taking the place of each CR or LF character in the
string.

I have set the rows to auto expand in the datagridview but that has not
helped.

How can I make this display like I want?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Glen Wolinsky

  • Re: How can this be? Why in c# "a-0".CompareTo("a0") returns 1?
    ... the problem that I have is the sorting ... in DatagridView control. ... It does not sort the string using StringSort option. ...
  • Re: VB2005 ListView Control ?
    ... I just pasted an example of the DataGridView control from the Microsoft ... Document Explorer and it looks like I can add over 1000 characters to a ... Too bad the ListView Control does not display as many characters in it's ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.controls)
  • Re: Are Where DataGridView Column Width Limitations?
    ... I just pasted an example of the DataGridView control from the Microsoft ... Document Explorer and it looks like I can add over 1000 characters to a ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.controls)
  • DataGridView, how to programmable select text within a cell?
    ... I am using a DataGridView control which is tied to a DataSet which in ... When the user clicks on a cell to edit the contents I ... want last two characters to be selected and not the first two. ... Mark ...