Re: Problem: Label not refreshing

There is only one thread in the application. No multithreading.

Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
> "Smugsboy" <smugs_boy@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> > I have some label on a form. This form is presented using the
Show()
> > method. While it is visible the main thread changes the Text
propery of
> > the label within this form. However I cannot see the proper label
text,
> > instead, I see my wallpaper, I have another label which is not
updated,
> > and is not displayed correctly as well. A ProgressBar on the form
does
> > displays well.
>
> If you attempt to access the label from another thread than the main
thread,
> use 'Control.Invoke'/'Control.BeginInvoke'. Instance members of
Windows
> Forms controls are not safe for multithreading, so you cannot access
them
> directly from other threads.
>
> --
> M S Herfried K. Wagner
> M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
> V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>

  • Re: Problem: Label not refreshing
    ... While it is visible the main thread changes the Text propery of the label within this form. ... However I cannot see the proper label text, instead, I see my wallpaper, I have another label which is not updated, and is not displayed correctly as well. ... Instance members of Windows Forms controls are not safe for multithreading, so you cannot access them directly from other threads. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.windowsforms.controls)
  • Re: Furtwangler Ring/Scala 1950
    ... of the discs have stopped working, ... transfer of the 50 Ring on CD I have ever heard was on label called ... Wagner Fan- Hide quoted text - ... cided" CDs? ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)
  • Re: Daten an mehrere Label übergeben
    ... > For Each lbl As Label In m_Labels ... > M S Herfried K. Wagner ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.entwickler.dotnet.vb)
  • Template for Labels in WORD
    ... with only trouble. ... I used the "labels" in WORD 2003, XP, with the proper label. ... But still the page layout View showed only 12 rows with the 13th row on the ...
    (microsoft.public.word.docmanagement)
  • Re: UPLOADED Romano Romanis 1914 Milan SO "Tchaikovsky 5"
    ... I think the Wagner was issued on the blue "Symphony Series" label ... There is another acoustic recording of this symphony that somebody ...
    (rec.music.classical.recordings)