Re: Problem: Label not refreshing
- From: "Smugsboy" <smugs_boy@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 8 Apr 2005 07:07:14 -0700
There is only one thread in the application. No multithreading.
Herfried K. Wagner [MVP] wrote:
> "Smugsboy" <smugs_boy@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb:
> > I have some label on a form. This form is presented using the
> > method. While it is visible the main thread changes the Text
> > the label within this form. However I cannot see the proper label
> > instead, I see my wallpaper, I have another label which is not
> > and is not displayed correctly as well. A ProgressBar on the form
> > displays well.
> If you attempt to access the label from another thread than the main
> use 'Control.Invoke'/'Control.BeginInvoke'. Instance members of
> Forms controls are not safe for multithreading, so you cannot access
> directly from other threads.
> M S Herfried K. Wagner
> M V P <URL:http://dotnet.mvps.org/>
> V B <URL:http://classicvb.org/petition/>
- Prev by Date: Re: Delete multiple selected entries in ListBox
- Next by Date: Losing the arrow on a combo box.
- Previous by thread: Re: Problem: Label not refreshing
- Next by thread: Managing client-side security for .NET UserControl under IE