RE: netsh error - 1312

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg936\deff0\deflang1033\deflangfe2052{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}{\f1\fmodern\fprq6\fcharset134 \'cb\'ce\'cc\'e5;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang2052\f0\fs20 Thanks for your reply Scott,
\par
\par As for the "1312" and "... logon session not exists" error, they're very general error (also occurs in other remote accessing context), therefore, and I've also performed some research based on this error message(with ssl certificate context), but didn't find any useful records.
\par
\par I think the problem is still with the certificate. For creating the certificate, if you have IIS installed, you can try using IIS's ssl certificate request wizard to generate a SSL certificate creation request. Then, you can use that generated request to create a certificate from your windows certificate server.
\par
\par #How do I\f1\'a1\'ad Request and install SSL certificates in IIS 7.0?\f0
\par http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/howdoi/?p=159
\par
\par Sincerely,
\par
\par Steven Cheng
\par
\par Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
\par
\par
\par Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you. Please feel free to let my manager know what you think of the level of service provided. You can send feedback directly to my manager at: msdnmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
\par
\par ==================================================
\par
\par
\par \pard\li720 --------------------
\par From: =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?= <snorberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
\par References: <0CE27FBE-2C02-48B0-BA97-6405EEE4BF95@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <wF7Dy7uSJHA.6088@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
\par Subject: RE: netsh error - 1312
\par Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 06:54:04 -0800
\par
\par
\par Steven,
\par
\par I had previously read that thread and ignored it because the options given
\par in the example did not match what was given from the makecert /? response.
\par The example uses both -sky and -r which are not shown.
\par
\par I am using elevated privilege in my command box.
\par
\par Running the example from the article I was able to create the certificate
\par and run the netsh command.
\par
\par I still would like to know what the 1312 really indicates, And I still need
\par to know how to create a certificate from my enterprise certsvr for this
\par purpose.
\par
\par I have found that these things always seem to work when you use makecert but
\par I can then never recreate a certificate from the cert server that does the
\par same thing. There must be an article (not a book) that tells how to do that,
\par any suggestions?
\par --
\par Scott Norberg
\par
\par
\par ""Steven Cheng"" wrote:
\par
\par > Hi Scott,
\par >
\par > From your description, you're trying to use HTTPS/SSL for a self hosted WCF
\par > service. However, you're encountering the following error when registring
\par > the SSL certifictae for the https port, correct?
\par >
\par > ===============
\par > SSL Certificate add failed, Error: 1312
\par > A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been
\par > terminated.
\par > =============
\par >
\par > I've just performed a local test, including test cert creating, ssl port
\par > registering and WCF service host and running. For certificate creation and
\par > ssl port registring, I followed this thread:
\par >
\par > http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/wcf/thread/a6423cfc-5b11-4900-
\par > b9bb-e7f4fac940c4/
\par >
\par > There are two things you may have a further check:
\par >
\par > 1. When run the netsh command to register sslcert, have you used elevated
\par > token(to start the commandline prompt)? This is necessary, otherwise ,the
\par > normal permission is not sufficient.
\par >
\par > 2. My test use a test cert generated via "makecert.exe" (as mentioned in
\par > the above thread). You can also try using a makecert generated cert to see
\par > whether it works. If so, that means the problem is specific to certificate.
\par >
\par > Sincerely,
\par >
\par > Steven Cheng
\par >
\par > Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead
\par >
\par >
\par > Delighting our customers is our #1 priority. We welcome your comments and
\par > suggestions about how we can improve the support we provide to you. Please
\par > feel free to let my manager know what you think of the level of service
\par > provided. You can send feedback directly to my manager at:
\par > msdnmg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
\par >
\par > ==================================================
\par > Get notification to my posts through email? Please refer to
\par > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa948868.aspx#notifications.
\par >
\par > Note: MSDN Managed Newsgroup support offering is for non-urgent issues
\par > where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support
\par > Engineer within 2 business day is acceptable. Please note that each follow
\par > up response may take approximately 2 business days as the support
\par > professional working with you may need further investigation to reach the
\par > most efficient resolution. The offering is not appropriate for situations
\par > that require urgent, real-time or phone-based interactions. Issues of this
\par > nature are best handled working with a dedicated Microsoft Support Engineer
\par > by contacting Microsoft Customer Support Services (CSS) at
\par > http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/aa948874.aspx
\par > ==================================================
\par > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par >
\par >
\par >
\par > --------------------
\par > From: =?Utf-8?B?U2NvdHQ=?= <snorberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
\par > Subject: netsh error - 1312
\par > Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 15:19:00 -0800
\par >
\par >
\par > I have seen numerous posts, both here and google, where people are having
\par > this issue, but I have yet to see an explanation of the problem.
\par >
\par > I have a WCF service that is working fine using http. But now we need to
\par > upgrade it to use SSL. To do this we need to install and register a server
\par > certificate.
\par >
\par > I got a certificate (Web Server) from our enterprise cert server. Exported
\par > it as a cer file and installed it on my development machine (Vista 64
\par > ultimate, vs2008).
\par >
\par > running netsh
\par >
\par > netsh>http add sslcert ipport=0.0.0.0:5433
\par > certhash=b6306171c7f42d54b59fd8c47d07d260b336e199 clientc
\par > ertnegotiation=enable appid=\{e0456eb3-e143-4092-9f84-7527136625cd\}
\par >
\par > SSL Certificate add failed, Error: 1312
\par > A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been
\par > terminated.
\par >
\par > where certhash is the thumbprint from the certificate and the appid is the
\par > guid from the assemblyinfo.cs file on the server project.
\par >
\par > What does 1312 indicate?
\par > --
\par > Scott Norberg
\par >
\par \pard
\par
\par }

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Stand Alone CA Problem
    ... Hello Scott, ... | I searched high and low, but everything I saw was for paid support. ... |> For further assistance on this issue, please contact Microsoft Product ... but I DO want the certificate to be checked against a CRL. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: American Currency
    ... but a leaning to the left does not support that there is one. ... but that does not create evidence for the claim Obama was born ... And this will all depend on IF the supreme court will even try ... And you'll notice that he did provide his birth certificate too. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: OWA/Mobile not working + 1054 and 506 errors
    ... Regarding OMA in SBS 2003 server, ... untrusted certificate, or that simply do not support adding certificates at ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Does OpenSSH support X.509 Certificate format?
    ... debug1: sshd version OpenSSH_3.5p1 ... debug1: private host key: #0 type 1 RSA ... Does OpenSSH support X.509 Certificate format? ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: 0x80072f17 - Cert problem?
    ... after changing to a third-party certificate created by an Intermediate CA, ... cert for my CA? ... I am getting the same support code: ... In Windows Mobile 5.0 it's easier. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)