HTTPS - Destination Unreachable

I am using vb.net 1.1 and wse 2.0 and created a web service and winform to
call the service. It works under http but now need to move to https. When
the url of the web service is changed to https://.... the following error
occurs:

Destination Unreachable --> WSE816: The <To> header must match the value of
an incoming message's HTTP Request Url if the soap receiver does not have an
actor name. The <To> header received contained
https://www.x.com/webservice/function1.asmx while the HTTP Request Url was
http://y.z.local/webservice/function1.asmx.

I am unclear about how/where the actore name is set. On the web service or
the client.

Thanks

Jeryl

  • Re: Consume web service using HTTP
    ... If you're calling the webservice through webpage's clientside script code, using the XML HTTP component as you mentioned should be ok. ... \par Subject: Re: Consume web service using HTTP ... \par set objXMLSend = Server.CreateObject ...
  • create a network credential
    ... I have got a web appl in ASP.NET 2.0 which in turn calls a web service ... The request failed with HTTP status 407: ... The web application and the web service run under a common application pool ... Both the web appl and the web service are set as separate virtual ...
  • Re: send soap message
    ... i was reading that in framework 1.1 the http get and http put ... if i run a web service and click on one of the functions available, ... > You didn't mention what framework you need to send the message with. ... > you using .Net or the Soap toolkit. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.xml)
  • Re: forms auth, authenticate against already encrypted password?
    ... concerned with file transfer over http so the encryption ... SSL is in fact not really a big overhead - at least not for bandwidth - you need more CPU cycle to do the encryption. ... client scenario, each web service is its own proxy object, and it has ... Logoutweb methods ...
  • Re: an OO design question
    ... I see absolutely no reason to use a web service in this system. ... sending data to you over HTTP. ... I can see a strategy pattern for handling the upload to the third party ... > ascii spool report files are uploaded from various sources ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)