Concurrent connection to .Net Remoting server

Hi,

I'm using .Net Remoting to connect between processes. I'm using TCP channel
in a SongleCall mode (on A Win2K machine). I'm calling the .Net Remoting
server from several processes, several threads in each process. From time to
time the following exception is thrown: "No connection could be made because
the target machine actively refused it". Is there a limitation on the number
of concurrent connection can be made to a.Net Remoting server?

Thanks,
Michael.

  • Re: LSA vs LSP GUI on Vista/2008?
    ... Thank you so much for the new information about .NET Remoting, you have saved me a lot of time by explaining it and providing the link to the article. ... But I still find it limited to COM/DCOM servers that use scripting interfaces - with these you can use pure text source code files without needing to compile, but still get lightweight and high-performance clients because all the work is being done on the server. ... But this has become more difficult with Vista/2008 and x86/x64, for example the MSI can be exposed as a COM server, but the registry keys are now owned by "TrustedInstaller" and I don't like changing security settings, so there's a lot of good technology in Windows that can't be used to it's full extent. ... Although .NET components are almost on every Windows server, ...
    (microsoft.public.platformsdk.security)
  • Re: COM+ vs .Net Remoting vs...
    ... AS> guidelines for these techonologies usage. ... AS> there is have to be realizaed capability to use application server ... AS> What are the advantages of COM+, of .NET Remoting in this case? ... It's more usable from unmanaged code than from managed, because managed COM+ is just new EnterpriseServices namespace that don't replace unmanaged COM+ and just give u new namespace. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)
  • .NET Remoting, Windows Service host, load balancing
    ... I posted a question a while back about how to make my .NET Remoting solution ... My remoted objects are server-activated, ... Remoting is configured on the client and server to use the tcp channel, ... A load balancer ought to be able to load balance two servers/services ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.remoting)
  • Re: .NET Remoting
    ... if the overall architecture of your ... the client and server. ... > Where .NET Remoting comes in the norchio purpose system architecture? ... > side (Web Server and Component server). ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr)
  • Re: Calling RPC Server from a .NET Client
    ... first is just like your second option(that use .NET remoting or other .NET ... occupied by other services(such as IIS server). ... We do not directly install our .NET client on the client computer. ... downside of this solution is unreliability in communication. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.distributed_apps)