Re: x64 com interop issue

param@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

We now setup a x64 server TESTSERVER2. Registered the com dll using C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\regsvr32. When then used tlbimp from .net 2.0 x64 sdk and created a proxy stub for the com dll. We then tried to test the asp.net web service and it failed with the following error:-

Are you trying to use the library in-process or out-of-process?
AFAIK you can only use WOW64 to run entire processes in 32-bit
emulation, so if by x64 server you mean that you are actually
running a 64 bit process, then you can't use a 32-bit library
in-process. You would need a 64-bit COM library for this, but
that will not be available if the library was written in VB6.

  • Re: VB6 App Referencing VB.NET DLL Debug Nightmare
    ... It is possible to use dot net stuff in vb6. ... The article has you reference the tlb, not the dll. ... C#. So the only way I can do as you suggest is to call the web service ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
  • Re: losing my .net identity
    ... This is a requirement when hosting STA COM objects (like all VB6). ... > I'm developing a web service in .NET. ... > The DLL is actually a DAL component accessing a SQLServer 2000. ... > Inetinfo and dllhost are running under a special user account (not IUSR_, ...
  • x64 com interop issue
    ... We have a com dll that was written in vb6. ... We then called the proxy stub from a asp.net web service and all ... We now setup a x64 server TESTSERVER2. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop)
  • Debug VB6 DLL called from VB.NET Web Service?
    ... I have a legacy DLL built with VB6 that I'm calling from the ... VB.NET code within a Web service. ... I have the source code for the DLL ... I can set breakpoints in the 2005 service code, but I need to be able ...
  • Re: x64 com interop issue
    ... Continue to run the host process (Web Service) ... and created a proxy stub for the com dll. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.interop)