Reg-free COM problem

In one of my VS2005 projects, I'm referencing a VB6 (SP5) COM DLL. The
"isolated" property of the DLL reference is set to true. When I try to
build the application, I receive the following errors:

Error 1 Problem isolating COM reference '<myCOMDLL>': Registry key
'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{48209f8b-a0f0-11d3-872a-00105a98476b}\InProcServer32'
is missing value '(Default)'. WindowsApplication2

Error 2 Problem isolating COM reference '<myCOMDLL>': Registry key
'HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{48209f87-a0f0-11d3-872a-00105a98476b}\InProcServer32'
is missing value '(Default)'. WindowsApplication2

The problem DLL has four classes. Two of these classes are declared
"PublicNotCreatable". This appears to be causing the problem, as there are
no "InProcServer32" keys for these entries. The other two classes are
MultiUse, and have the InProcServer32 keys that VS is expecting.

Is there a solution to this problem besides changing the instancing property
of the two classes to MultiUse?

  • Re: OT: Win 7 comments
    ... There's a reason why there is a "variety of different error message" and not ... reinstalling the missing files, not by changing the registry at all. ... The entry File1 points to the missing file or folder ... This registry key contains no data, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Requirements not met when rerunning setup.
    ... It well may be the missing registry key. ... Admins groups. ... This computer is running an unsupported version of SharePoint services ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Need help with VBA help
    ... go ahead and check the registry key value that i posted and see if it is missing. ... the file is present in the correct folder, just the registry key that tells excel where to find it was missing. ... how to find an fix on XP. ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • RE: Missing Choices for SBS 2008 Configure Fax Service
    ... grayed out when you attempt to configure incoming fax routing method. ... If I have misunderstood the problem, please don't hesitate to let me know. ... result from the missing registry key for fax routing method. ... If the value is missing, you may manually create the value: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: wins error in server 2003
    ... with your reference to the registry keys worked to get my ... I had to use the GPMC to create a new GPO ... eventviewer on the domain controllers, ... > local machine has to have full control permissions of the registry key ...