Problem using Directory.GetFiles(...)

Hi group !

I simply use this code :

string[] CabFiles = Directory.GetFiles(@"\SomeDir");

foreach(string cab in CabFiles)
if(Path.GetExtension(cab).ToLower() != "cab")

// Do extract of the cab

In this directory i have an .exe file and 2 .cab files.
this code give me only 2 string in the CabFiles variable (instead of
the first is the name of the .exe (no problem)
the second is : "\\SomeDir\\514c36bf-c13e-4091-a3a7-1e56627b20d"
my two cab files have readable name like and

I don't understand this problem. First i get 2 filenames instead of
three, then i get incorrect file name (seems like a guid).

any idea ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Downloading a CAB file
    ... Does your instgaller program prepare one .exe file for Windows CE.NET 4.2 ... Installer, to turn your .cab file into an .exe. ... I am using a very primitive web design ...
  • Re: PocketPC 2003 compilation what has been built?
    ... > When you deploy that same application, the cab wizard produces several cab ... > files for installation on different processors. ... to an attached pocket pc what .exe file type has visual studio ... The exe file is the same for all platforms. ...
  • Re: Help with distributing CAB
    ... redistributable runtime which can be downloaded from: ... ActiveX control or can I include the exe file while building the CAB ... file for the ActiveX control without modifying the INF file? ...
  • Re: Visual Basic
    ... >I have created a CAB file of my VB program inc an *.exe file. ... groups on your news server, connect directly to the Microsoft server: ... If you are using VB6 and creating your CAB via the Package and Deployment ... Wizard, then yes, you have to recreate the CAB, although a batch file should ...
  • Re: CAB file extraction error while using IIS 4->5 Migration Wizard utility
    ... Hmm, I'm not certain, but this looks like a issue outside of the IIS ... Migration Wizard's control. ... seems odd that files extract on their own but not as a mutual group. ... After inspecting the CAB file in Windows ...