Problem using Directory.GetFiles(...)

Hi group !

I simply use this code :

string[] CabFiles = Directory.GetFiles(@"\SomeDir");

foreach(string cab in CabFiles)
{
if(Path.GetExtension(cab).ToLower() != "cab")
continue;

// Do extract of the cab
}

In this directory i have an .exe file and 2 .cab files.
this code give me only 2 string in the CabFiles variable (instead of
3).
the first is the name of the .exe (no problem)
the second is : "\\SomeDir\\514c36bf-c13e-4091-a3a7-1e56627b20d"
my two cab files have readable name like MyModule.cab and MyProg.cab

I don't understand this problem. First i get 2 filenames instead of
three, then i get incorrect file name (seems like a guid).

any idea ?

thanks
ROM

  • Re: Downloading a CAB file
    ... Does your instgaller program prepare one .exe file for Windows CE.NET 4.2 ... Installer, to turn your .cab file into an .exe. ... I am using a very primitive web design ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: PocketPC 2003 compilation what has been built?
    ... > When you deploy that same application, the cab wizard produces several cab ... > files for installation on different processors. ... to an attached pocket pc what .exe file type has visual studio ... The exe file is the same for all platforms. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Help with distributing CAB
    ... redistributable runtime which can be downloaded from: ... ActiveX control or can I include the exe file while building the CAB ... file for the ActiveX control without modifying the INF file? ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.ole)
  • Re: Visual Basic
    ... >I have created a CAB file of my VB program inc an *.exe file. ... groups on your news server, connect directly to the Microsoft server: ... If you are using VB6 and creating your CAB via the Package and Deployment ... Wizard, then yes, you have to recreate the CAB, although a batch file should ...
  • Re: CAB file extraction error while using IIS 4->5 Migration Wizard utility
    ... Hmm, I'm not certain, but this looks like a issue outside of the IIS ... Migration Wizard's control. ... seems odd that files extract on their own but not as a mutual group. ... After inspecting the CAB file in Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)