Re: how to write a program which is able to survive after a hard reset in mobile device

This can also be achieved by flash memory + some special post-boot
procedures if your device supports it. For example I develop for symbol
MC50, MC70, MC9000, VC5090 devices and all have a special built-in
flash volume, which persists the hard reset or clean boot (on WM5) and
the OS launches some predefined applications from the flash volume on
hr/clean boot. I'm succesfully using this approach for one of our
customer's system to reinstall all neccessary applications and
libraries after HR...

regards,
Filip

sunnyy@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hello, I am researching the possibility of write a program which won't
be earsed after a hard reset in mobile device.
Can anyone point me a direction or give some advice? is it possilbe to
do this using .net compact framework? or it can only be done in OS
level?

Thanks in advance

  • Re: upgrading BOIS
    ... ma69vms2.f8 512KB flash file ... BIOS, just in case. ... I'm not altogether sure what a 'soft reset' is, but a hard reset via ... I'd also try to find out if your BIOS chip is ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Mobile 5.0 volatile flash?
    ... A hard reset on Mobile 5.0 erases all flash ... >>Is there no place now on a PDA that is secure from a hard reset? ... want to lose he has to save it to his flash card. ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Mobile 5.0 volatile flash?
    ... A hard reset on Mobile 5.0 erases all flash ... > want to lose he has to save it to his flash card. ... Even if the memory works in the way you wanted if the machine is lost or ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc)
  • Re: Mobile 5.0 volatile flash?
    ... A hard reset on Mobile 5.0 erases all flash ... That was the only way to secure an application in memory so when ... >> Is there no place now on a PDA that is secure from a hard reset? ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)
  • Re: Router "Stack Overflow"
    ... "Otherwise if it does not let you flash after Hard Reset, ... better firmware than the original" I didn't understand that point. ... I have a Linksys Wireless-G Broadband Router which seems to work ...