CF2.0 WM5 Comms help required please
- From: "Tym Huckin" <no_spam@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 15:59:12 -0000
I'm a newbie to CF and WM5 and .Net - just to make life easy!!
Previous experience is comms in VB6
My WM5 device is an SPV M5000 which contains a GSM mobile.
What I want to be able to do from it is dial into a data logger, in the same
wasy I do with my desktop app in VB6, and download the data in it.
eg - VB6 code:
MSComm1.CommPort = 2
MSComm1.Settings = "9600,e,7,1"
MSComm1.Handshaking = comRTS
MSComm1.RThreshold = 0 ' on com will not be triggered. I'll do it all in
MSComm1.SThreshold = 0 ' on com will not be triggered. I'll do it all in
My first problem is, locating a com port! What port number should I be
Secondly, I have to get to grips with the different events in .NET
I just *know* this is not going to be easy! ~LOL~
Any help appreciated (and something tells me there'll be a post coming from
Dick Grier ~wink~ Can't seem to find your book in this country. I will try
harder in the new year!)
- Prev by Date: Re: Keyboard events in none forms applications...
- Next by Date: Re: Web Application or client application
- Previous by thread: Recommand a bluetooth adaptor working with Treo 700
- Next by thread: Re: CF2.0 WM5 Comms help required please