RE: Splash as the startup object locks the form
- From: Eve <Eve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 08:59:13 -0700
Here's what I did (and it works):
1. In Module1, I added Main() and set it as my startup object:
Public splashFrm As New Splash
Public mainFrm As New MainForm
2. I removed Splash_Load routine.
3. In MainForm_Load routine, I put this:
> If I try using a module as your startup object and load the Splash and
> MainForm from there, I get the same results.
> Also, this locking problem is not menu specific.
> I noticed that when I load another form from the MainForm not through the
> menu, the OK button in the upper-right hand corner doesn't work either (but
> the buttons on the form work).
> I can't even close this task...
> "Eve" wrote:
> > I'm trying to use the Splash screen, but I observed a strange behavior. If I
> > specify the SplashForm as my startup object, the MainForm loads fine except
> > it's got a menu and when I click on the menu option (which loads another
> > form, such as About) none of the buttons - OK button in the upper right-hand
> > corner and the buttons on my About form - works. It seems the About form is
> > locked. It works fine if my startup object is MainForm, which I don't want to
> > be the case because launching the SplashForm in MainForm_Load event seems to
> > be slower.
> > I don't know how to explain this behavior...
> > Private Sub Splash_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
> > System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
> > Me.Show() : Application.DoEvents()
> > Dim mainFrm As New MainForm
> > mainFrm.LoadMainForm() 'here I load the grid with data, I want to
> > show the form only after it is loaded
> > Me.Close()
> > mainFrm.ShowDialog()
> > End Sub
- Prev by Date: RE: Tab Control with Menu bar
- Next by Date: Scroll bar Problem
- Previous by thread: Deploying to Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition
- Next by thread: Scroll bar Problem