Re: Casio IT500 and Authentication Util

From: Bob (bob_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 10/11/04

Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 15:43:08 +1300

Hi Paul,
Checked the archives,
No Joy.
Re:Network Sniffer. I have never used one. If we have to, could you advise
what to get and some general gulelines. The activesync link to the CE device
is on the USB port (see below) is a sniffer still relevant?
Re Network:
The development platform is a Win2k Server that is a domain controller. The
connection to the LAN is a standard ethernet card running at 100mhz over
UTP.
The connection to the CE device is via a USB port which has a InfraRed
adaptor plugged into it.
The address displayed by the device Authentication utility is 192.168.55.101
I don't seem to have any control over this.
I tried making a new network connection on the device but this comes up with
a 'disconnected' msgbox when I double click it.

The IDE machine is 192.168.0.37
Subnet mask on the IDE machine 255.255.255.0

Thanks for your continued assistance.

Regards
Bob

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=lang_en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

> If it were me, I'd use a network sniffer to verify that your desktop
machine
> is sending packets to the device and, based on what you got back, that the
> device is rejecting the attempted connection. If so, you might verify
that
> the network interface (which you didn't tell us anything about), has the
IP
> address that is shown in the device-side authentication program. Check
the
> subnet mask, etc.
>
> Paul T.
>
> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Paul,
> > After my initial euporia, I am still in trouble.
> > Although the device side starts and reveals the IP addresss.
> > The IDE side says it can't make the connection as 'the target actively
> > refused it.'
> > I have been into the tools options in the IDE and set the device IP
> > address
> > to the one displayed by the device but this made no difference.
> > Any ideas.
> > Thanks
> > Bob
> >
> > "Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]" <ptobey no spam AT no instrument no spam DOT com>
> > wrote in message news:OJd%23gQMrEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> The PXA250 *is* an ARM device. For the purposes of the VS.NET 2003
> >> device
> >> types, it's an ARMV4 device (or ARMV4i, maybe).
> >>
> >> Paul T.
> >>
> >> "Bob" <bob@nowhere.com> wrote in message

SDAuthUtilDevice.exe