Problem with MySQL connection

Hello,
I'm trying to get a CreateUserWizard asp component to connect to a MySql
Server. I've installed the latest Mysql connector.

THep roblem is taht even after modifying web, config to connect to the
MySQL server, the ASP.Net application send MS-SQL requests on port 3610
t03618 instead of a MySQL request to port 3306 (but it sends it to the
right IP address).

default.aspx:
<asp:CreateUserWizard ID="CreateUserWizard1"
MembershipProvider="userProvider" runat="server">
[...]

web.config:
<system.data>
<DbProviderFactories>
<add name="MySQL Data Provider" invariant="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"
description=".Net Framework Data Provider for MySQL"
type="MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlClientFactory,
MySql.Data,Version=5.0.7.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=C5687FC88969C44D"/>
</DbProviderFactories>

</system.data>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="MySqlServer"
connectionString="Server=172.16.197.132;Database=ozone;Uid=xxxxx;Password=xxxx;"
providerName="MySql.Data.MySqlClient"/>
</connectionStrings>

<system.web>
<membership defaultProvider="userProvider">
<providers>
<add name="userProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider"
connectionStringName="MySqlServer" enablePasswordReset="true"
passwordFormat="Hashed" requiresUniqueEmail="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="6"
passwordStrengthRegularExpression="" description="Looser requirements to
create users."/>
</providers>
</membership>
<roleManager enabled="true"/>
<authentication mode="Forms"/>
<compilation debug="true">
<assemblies>
<add assembly="MySql.Data, Version=5.0.7.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=C5687FC88969C44D"/></assemblies></compilation>
</system.web>

I've tried to add the Driver and Port attributes to connectionString,but
the compilations fails on them.

Any idea what I did wrong?

Thank you

  • Re: multi-master with mysql backend
    ... All DNS servers are slaves to a single, ... being assigned to loopback interface on the server. ... I'd keep two copies of the BIND config, one that has all the zones as "master", and one that has all the zones as "slave". ... No need for rsync or mysql, BIND replication does all the work for you. ...
    (comp.protocols.dns.bind)
  • Re: multi-master with mysql backend
    ... Subject: multi-master with mysql backend ... All DNS servers are slaves to a single, ... being assigned to loopback interface on the server. ... No need for rsync or mysql, BIND replication does all the work for you. ...
    (comp.protocols.dns.bind)
  • RE: MySQL/PHPMyAdmin on FC3 Connection Problem
    ... // You can disable a server config entry by setting host to ''. ... MySQL server ... MySQL control user settings ... table to describe the display fields ...
    (Fedora)
  • Mysql access through firewall....
    ... I just dropped my linux server back behind an SMC router for firewall ... protection...I opened port 3306 which is the confirmed port (both via mysql> ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • MySQL - FBSD 6.0 Freezing server.
    ... I been getting server freezups the past two weeks, but have determined it is happening when connecting to mysql port 3306 remotely. ...
    (freebsd-questions)