Re: Confused about modifying password strength requirements in ASP.NET 2.0.

Thanks Juan,

That brings me a little bit closer to understanding, but I am still
confused. I added the code that you gave me to the web.config file.

I am still getting a result that I don't understand. As an experiment
I have the following Page_Load event in one of my pages.

{
MembershipUserCollection mine = Membership.GetAllUsers();
foreach (MembershipUser myUser in mine)
{
Response.Write(myUser.UserName + "<br />");
}
}

After I added the code that you suggested into the web.config file
this event produced no output. So as an experiment I created another
user and loaded the page again. This time I got output - the user that
I had just added. Then I had a look at the contents of the
aspnet_Users table in the ASPNETDB.MDF database and found that the
user I had just added was there with all the other users that I had in
there before. If all the users are stored in the same place, why does
the Membership.GetAllUser() method return a collection with only the
user that I added after I edited the web.config file. I had a look at
the data in some of the other tables in ASPNETDB.MDF database to see
if there was a field that gave the GetAllUsers() method the info it
needed to differentiate between users that I had added before editing
web.config and those I added after but I could not find anything. I
must be missing knowledge of some fundamental Membership concept that
is causing my confusion.

Paul

  • Re: Confused by part of Beardons proof of Cauchys Theorem
    ... is referring. ... /Topological Analysis/ for full understanding - I've bought it, ... he does in fact need to prove Cauchy's Theorem for a disc first - ... in the midst of the confusion, but the rest of the confusion soon ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Lost in J2ME
    ... > virtual machine implemenations would not be extremely relevant to ... > additional confusion to the whole thing. ... understanding that helps you to take into consideration such things as the ... The blind cannot lead the blind, and someone who is confused on ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: Surrogate Keys: an Implementation Issue
    ... The confusion arising because "Suzie is George and William ... database may occur because the value for some attribute was ...
    (comp.databases.theory)
  • Re: Actual Dates
    ... The nature of your confusion goes to the heart of understanding the very ... fundamental behaviors of the Project client. ...
    (microsoft.public.project.pro_and_server)
  • Re: Front End Bahaviour -server off
    ... There may be some confusion about "splitting" an Access database. ... database into front-end, and back-end, respectively. ... What should I expect from the FE when the server is off line? ...