Re: problem downloading word documents

On Mar 27, 12:05 pm, "Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smir...@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Mar 27, 11:09 am, cyus...@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

On Mar 27, 3:22 pm, "Eliyahu Goldin"

<REMOVEALLCAPITALSeEgGoldD...@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
How big is the document? There is a known issue with Response.WriteFile when
downloading large files.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer & Consultant

<cyus...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Hi,

We have just moved our application to a new webfarm server environment
which utilizing hardware load balancing, SSL off-loading and HTTP
compression off-loading.My application is running on .NET 1.1, IIS 6,
Win2003.

Now we are having problem when trying to download word documents
located in the file server. It often says Internet Explorer cannot
download <filename> from <servername>. Sometimes we are able to view
the MSWord file, but most of the time we cannot open the document.

This is how I stream out the word contents to the browser
Response.ContentType = "application/msword";
Response.AddHeader("content-disposition","attachment; filename=" +
document.DocumentPath);
Response.AppendHeader("Content-Length", file.Length.ToString());
Response.WriteFile(file.FullName);
Response.Flush();
Response.End();

I was informed that we have excluded application/msword from the
compression list.

Any idea what else could cause the problem in downloading the word
document?

Thanks a lot.- Hide quoted text -

The file size is certainly not large. I've exprienced this problem
even when I tried to download a 51kb file. The file that we have has a
maximum of 4MB size limit.- Hide quoted text -

Try to follow the code of this articlehttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/812406

Maybe this helps- Hide quoted text -

If http compression for aspx is enabled, try to disable it.

.