Incorporating Flash into an .aspx page

Hi Folks,

I'm somewhat a newbie to .Net (2.0) and even newer to Flash. I'm
trying to incorporate a flash (.swf) file into my application.

The code* below works in a .htm page (added to my project by using 'add
new item' and pasting the code in it). However, the same code does not
work in an .aspx page (the page does not throw any errors, but nothing
happens aside from a border and a tool tip that says to click to
activate). I also tried changing the path to "~/PhotoChange.swf".

(* I generated this code using Flash MX 2004 by 'publishing' as an html
file, then right clicking the resulting file and viewing the source)

Any ideas?

Thanks

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000"
codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0";
width="550" height="400" id="PhotoChange" align="middle">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<param name="movie" value="PhotoChange.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" />
<embed src="PhotoChange.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff"
width="550" height="400" name="PhotoChange" align="middle"
allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"
pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"; />
</object>

  • Re: Persistent registry (Hive)
    ... Now I am really a newbie on the Windows CE platform (used to work on much ... execution etc. so ... I am not really sure if programs is executed directly from flash or RAM? ...
  • Re: Can You Use Dreamweaver etc on FP created Webs
    ... > As a complete newbie to making web pages i started of with FP2002. ... I can answer one question - you can use Flash on an FP site or essentially ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.addins)
  • Re: Can You Use Dreamweaver etc on FP created Webs
    ... > As a complete newbie to making web pages i started of with FP2002. ... I can answer one question - you can use Flash on an FP site or essentially ...
  • You prefer a article...
    ... I don't want discuss if flash work or no, i cover it in the article, ... provide the sample app with a powerpoint presentation ... info about proper development techniques with flash and how let delphi do ... providing "for newbie" information in building the ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Will pay for phone support for FP 2003
    ... I can only afford one jim book at a time, still working on FP2002 inside out upside down...whatever. ... You should try Swish easier than Flash and a whole lot CHEAPER...its like 50-60 euro and it creates flash files. ... | keep a newbie from getting frustrated. ... | wiley with maran graphics doing the work. ...
    (microsoft.public.frontpage.client)