Re: Encryption

"Demetri" <Demetri@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:84C2459E-F39E-45AD-9726-3DD0067E4F6C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It would seem to me that the data must remain encrypted all the way to the
client and then decrypted via javascript so that the data is never in its
true form through a wire.

This is without doubt the worst possible thing you could do in this
situation - JavaScript is client-side, so the entire decryption routine /
algorithm would need to be downloaded to the client machine, where it would
run.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO THIS!!!

But then the question becomes how does one leverage

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! The *L* word...

If anyone can shed some light on this please do.

Extremely simple - get an SSL certificate from a known and trusted
certification authority.

  • Re: Tier3 today - And Flex-it like NASDAQ (*Only better!*)
    ... FlexBuilder, or just working on the FABridge functionality in general, you ... ArrayCollections are completely accessible via the Javascript in ... Broadcasted server to client messages, ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: New MSDN MFC/ATL Forum
    ... I still don't see how using JavaScript could be a security issue? ... You can't run programs in the client space or access the users devices. ... I was amaze at the China/Google zero-day IE security bug where in NO ... I was turning JavaVirus and ActiveVirus off years ago in IE. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Visual Studio only debugs javascript in .js files not .aspx fi
    ... An ASPX page is a class that generates HTML ... from the server. ... including any literal JavaScript in the page code, ... is used by the client browser to execute JavaScript on the client side, ...
  • Re: Question about client-side
    ... typically several hundred client computers. ... First of all, JavaScript doesn't have applets. ... JavaScript can be placed inline in the HTML code, or in external files. ...
  • Re: Generate a unique ID that identifies the client?
    ... that will identify the client. ... consider an AJAX request that got the info from a server. ... Javascript I've been considering whether it might be possible to use ... you can use UUID for your ...
    (comp.lang.javascript)