RE: Compiler Error Message: BC30807: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment st

Steven,
Thank you so much to provide me so much information. It's really helpful.
Actually the code is from another person, I just cut and pasted into the
question and didn't even noticed she used .aspx extension.
Also I did see the screenshot you provided in outlook.(in my visual studio
..net software) my company use lotus notes.
I just cannot imagine that you are so detailed which I really need it and
always provide different solutions.
cheers
--
Betty

"Steven Cheng[MSFT]" wrote:

Hello Betty,

From your description, I understand when you running an aspx page which
contains code to create and use "CDONT" component, you're getting the
following error:

===================
Compiler Error Message: BC30807: 'Let' and 'Set' assignment statements are
no longer supported.
===================

Based on my research, this error is a typical error when we try using some
set/let VBscript code(usually used in ASP page) in ASP.NET page(VB.NET),

#'Let' and 'Set' assignment statements are no longer supported
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/9tzcse0s.aspx

As you mentioned that this is a classic ASP page, why did you use aspx as
the extension, if you use ASPX as extension, IIS6(on windows 2003 server)
will always process it through ASP.NET runtime engine.

If this does be a classic ASP page, you need to change it back to .asp
extension. And you're right that ASP is disabled by default on windows2003
iis6, you can enable it in the "Web Service Extensions" setting in the
IIS6's management console. I've attached a screenshot on the "Web Service
Extensions" setting for ASP in this message. (You can get it if you're
using Outlook express to visit the newsgroup, please let me know if you can
not get it).

If the page is ASP.NET page, you can consider using the .net framework's
built-in SMTP components to send email:

** if the page is an ASP.NET 1.1 page, you can use the System.Web.Mail
components

#System.Web.Mail Namespace
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemwebmail.asp?fr
ame=true

** if the page is an ASP.NET 2.0 page, you can use the enchanced
System.Net.Mail components:

#System.Net.Mail Namespace
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.net.mail.aspx

In addition, the following faq sites are also very good:

http://www.systemwebmail.net

http://www.systemnetmail.net

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

  • Re: Excel ExportAsFixedFormat
    ... Thanks for your suggestion, this was indeed the only way that I could ... it would make more sense if it didn't add the extension in the first place. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins)
  • RE: Redirecting to ClickOnce application fails
    ... I use a .asp page to redirect to the deployment URL. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
  • RE: Compiler Error Message: BC30807: Let and Set assignment statem
    ... As you mentioned that this is a classic ASP page, why did you use aspx as ... the extension, if you use ASPX as extension, IIS6 ... Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
  • Re: asp not retrieving correct information from a query
    ... and store procedure, and then build an ASP page to reproduce the problem. ... In the ASP page, I get 12 records. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.db)
  • Re: Show files extentions in a view
    ... The first column "Type" show what's the type of that document. ... you will see the File name with the extension. ... Microsoft Online Community Support ... where an initial response from the community or a Microsoft Support ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)