Re: getting the result from executing an exe

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:47:24 +0800, <Elliot> wrote:

<DIV>&quot;Otis Mukinfus&quot; &lt;phony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote in
message news:9834f2tvi0bcehhc719rga33keei6ubijp@xxxxxxxxxx</DIV>> On Mon, 28
Aug 2006 05:16:19 +0800, <Elliot> wrote:
<snip>
Oh, I mean there is a file, for instance, test.exe, it will dynamically
output a text. I'd like to use C# to get the text, is it possible?

What format is the text? Is it a file? Is it a string?

Can you tell me a little more about what you are trying to do?

Good luck with your project,

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.arltex.com
http://www.tomchilders.com

A text string. I just want to get the output data from a console
applicaton
which i wrote before using C++.

You will probably have to run the Console application from the
System.Diagnostics.Process method and retrieve the output there.
Good luck with your project,

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.arltex.com
http://www.tomchilders.com

Can I have any example please?

yes, there is an excellent example in the help files. Type
System.Diagnostics.Process int the index.

Good luck with your project,

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.arltex.com
http://www.tomchilders.com

  • Re: Writing Data In Tabular format in Text File.
    ... Otis Mukinfus wrote: ... thanks for pointing out the capability of String Class. ... i want to write some data in tabular format in text file. ... I suppose you could first read the data and calculate the widths of the data ...
  • Re: Writing Data In Tabular format in Text File.
    ... Otis Mukinfus wrote: ... thanks for pointing out the capability of String Class. ... i want to write some data in tabular format in text file. ...
  • Re: getting the result from executing an exe
    ... What format is the text? ... Otis Mukinfus ... A text string. ... I just want to get the output data from a console applicaton ...
  • Re: getting the result from executing an exe
    ... Otis Mukinfus ... A text string. ... You will probably have to run the Console application from the ... there is an excellent example in the help files. ...
  • Re: problem with Text Mode file opening
    ... basically i am printing it to a file not console which is opened in UTF-8 ... if i have a string in wide character format like ... my application needs files to be written in UTF-8 format ... YOUR problem is that you are printing the string out on a console with the ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)