Re: Jeez... how do I even start ????

From: Juan T. Llibre (nomailreplies_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 01/19/05

Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 16:17:47 -0400

Mike,

if the machinename was fiddled with, the resolution
by way of fixing it would probably be long/difficult.

There's many configuration setings which depend on
the machinename and the local administrator account.

Trying to identify/fix them all will be a nightmare.

What I'd recommend at this point is a reinstall of
the OS and IIS/.NET Framework/ASP.NET.

Starting out fresh will save you a lot of headaches,
and assure you of a standard installation in which you
can do what you want to do : code, a lot more easily.

best regards,

Juan T. Llibre
ASP.NET MVP