Re: File Post Control

From: Patrice (nobody_at_nowhere.com)
Date: 09/28/04

Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 15:41:36 +0200

Also are those files uploaded by end users ???!!! If not I would consider to
change the arhcitecture if posisble. You could also transfer changes instead
of uploaidng the whole thing each time (or is this already just the changes
!!!).

Patrice

--
"tajeshwar" <tajeshwars@grapecity.com> a écrit dans le message de
> Hi,
>
>     I am using file post control to upload a large file to web server.
this
> file can be very large(5-10 GB).
>     Now what this control do is that it will reject any such request
because
> of ASP.NET security features.
>     Now what I want to do is to handle this thing at HttpModule level.
That
> is see if the request is for uploading
>     a file. If so then I should be able to change the content-length
> property in headers and make it small so that
>     the request shouldn't be rejected. Second I should be able to grab the
> InputStream and write it into some file store
>     and keep on rejecting th eread portion from memory. Now in
> multipart/form-encoded requests this is not possible.
>     Because I don't get anything for InputRequestStream. I am not able to
> find a solution for this problem.
>
> Regards,
> Tajeshwar

Relevant Pages

  • Solution design
    ... allow the end user to upload photos to the server. ... The first request would trigger for creating: ... and uses the advantages of the .NET technologies even on client side). ... we tried to create a Java applet that was trying to ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Problem using cURL with a web service
    ... I did try to use PUT with a web service that requires it. ... The PUT request is used to upload resources to the server. ... set the _method to put in the header, I can do this as a POST. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Problem using cURL with a web service
    ... Some web services need a ... The PUT request is used to upload resources to the server. ... So they're using PUT contrary to the design of the request. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • Re: Problem using cURL with a web service
    ... I did try to use PUT with a web service that requires it. ... have some resource to upload. ... much more appropriate request for their requirements. ... since _method is not part of the standard headers. ...
    (comp.lang.php)
  • RE: File Post Control
    ... "tajeshwar" wrote: ... > I am using file post control to upload a large file to web server. ... > Now what this control do is that it will reject any such request because ...