I can test/view pages on my machine, but not on the server

From: Goo (ged_rafferty_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 03/18/04

Date: 17 Mar 2004 16:33:53 -0800

HI folks, a newbie question here.

I have built a couple of pages that retrieve a small amount of data
from an access db. the pages are built on my local machine and they
reside within my iis and work just fine.

However, when i shoot these files up onto the server (using the copy
project / file share method) i recieve two errors

Error 1.
The web was created succesfully, but an error ocurred when trying to
configure the application root for this web...yada yada yada...The
returned error was: A possible cause for this error is insufficient
access rights to perform this operation. You can manmually configure
the root application using the Internet services manager

This error is ever so kindly followed up with:
Error 2.
Unable to set the permissions on the bin folder to restrict browse
access. A possible cause of this error is insufficient access rights
to perform this operation. You can manually configure yad yada yada.

The sys admin guys have given me full control, but to no avail. Iam a
tad confused. Could the answer be related to me running iis 5.1 and
the server running iis 6?

I guess iam wondering if this problem is a configuration problem of
the server and / or my configuration on the local machine.

thanks in advance
Gerry

Relevant Pages

  • Re: what do I need to get started?
    ... I thought it was all built into one package, ... I can't make heads or tails for the appropriate server for my needs. ... So what's my best approach to get things going on my local machine? ... Even prefering English makes no changes. ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: ADFS System.Web.Security.SingleSignOn.WebSsoConfigurationExcep
    ... I would have thought VS would not have tried to use the built in web server ... "Joe Kaplan" wrote: ... installation. ...
  • Re: Configuring networked printer
    ... setup you local machine to use the printer on he remote machine. ... I have now set the "share" advertising checkbox as you suggested, ... On your local machine, you need to have the check box named "Show ... I have done this on Box B and get the following when the server ...
    (Debian-User)
  • E2K7 SP1 Rollup6 / W2K8 - IIS Error
    ... I just installed a new E2K7 Server in a remote site and I get the following ... Unable to create Internet Information Services (IIS) directory entry. ... local machine name:xxxxxxx ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: Knowledge-based problem solving system
    ... old dead server. ... blah blah blah. ... But that troubleshooter is built into the media player help. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)