Re: LogicalShareSecuritySettings & Administrative/hidden Shares

http://www.lissware.net, volume 2, Sample 4.02 to 4.13 - WMIManageSD.Wsf and
beyond.

Above should help.

Thank You,
Manbinder Pal Singh

"n3llyb0y" <n3llyb0y@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi All,

I'm having some trouble getting security descriptor information for
Administrative Shares.

I'm getting a collection of Win32_LogicalShareSecuritySettings WHERE the
name matches the share I'm interested in.

But - I can't get any administrative shares returned.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Many thanks
Neil

  • Re: Preveting user edits to calendar items created progamatically
    ... documentation and am still having trouble implementing a security descriptor. ... > MSDN Reference on setting Access Rights: ... >> The main issue is figuring out how to debug. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.applications)
  • Re: Preveting user edits to calendar items created progamatically
    ... documentation and am still having trouble implementing a security descriptor. ... > MSDN Reference on setting Access Rights: ... >> The main issue is figuring out how to debug. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.applications)
  • Re: Does AutoShareWks value deny access for domain administrator?
    ... this option will only disable creating of administrative shares (like ... admins and backup opers on given machine - will be affected, ... limiting of their rights but by inexistence of remote resource they can use. ... > and setting its value data to 0 denis access to the domain user computer ...
  • Re: Does AutoShareWks value deny access for domain administrator?
    ... The Norton antivirus appears in the system trey when my computer ... this option will only disable creating of administrative shares (like ... > limiting of their rights but by inexistence of remote resource they can ... >> a domain administrator? ...
  • How to Grant Power Users rights to administrative shares.
    ... I was wondering if there is an easy way to grant power users rights to ... We have an account admin group that needs rights to create shares when ... they see are the administrative shares which they don't have access to. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)