Re: Memory leak in IWBemConfigRefresher::AddEnum running in Windows XP

Thanks for your detailed reply, however we also want to know how you determinate it is a memory leak(what symptom you saw to determine the issue of memory leak), do you use any tools or setup environment to test, we would like set up same environment to investigate it...
We have seen it looking at the values of Virtual Memory Usage (VM Usage) and Mem Usage in the Windows task manager. After compiling the sample code we sent you, when executing the program the memory usage increases and continues growing. Running the the same program in Windows 2000 the memory usage was not increasing.

This program was compiled using Visual C++ 6.0 SP4. We tested the program in several PCs running Windows XP SP2 (English version).

Were you unable to reproduce the problem using the source code we sent you?

Let us know if you need more information.

  • Re: Growing memory usage in D4 app with SerialNG
    ... it must run on a Windows platform, usually a laptop, and the hardware that might use the RTS and CTS has a limited amount of memory for a buffer, and it would certainly overrun if it were asked to hold off transmission for any longer than a hundred mSec or so. ... But while it was easy to have an almost-realtime program run on DOS, one will have all kind of problems when the same is attempted on Windows. ... The initial memory usage shown when I minimize the application is 1100 kB, which is exactly what I would expect for those figures, but I don't know why it should keep climbing. ...
    (comp.lang.pascal.delphi.misc)
  • Re: Overhead of individual python apps
    ... This memory usage is as reported by the Windows Task manager ... reporting the total memory usage for each process, ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Disabling the page file doesnt really disable it. A bug?
    ... the advanced tab of "My computer" properties. ... The total memory of all my processes ... no reason for windows to swap to a page file. ... For example the total memory usage of firefox with 60 tabs open is ...
  • Re: Memory usage, Task Manager versus Process Explorer
    ... >>claimed to be using a very small amount of memory. ... >>because the Windows Task Manager reports only about 350KB of its memory ... >>What's the minimum memory usage of a Windows program? ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.language)
  • Re: Is it my card reader, Miss Jones?
    ... underpowered and, in particular, that it doesn't have enough memory. ... into the Task Manager and check the memory usage. ... Windows paging algorithm is notoriously slow. ... I just threw a 4GB card with 3.6GB of 381 RAW files on it into ...
    (rec.photo.digital)