Get info about problematic devices in Device Manager
- From: leochen76@xxxxxxxxxxx
- Date: 13 Apr 2005 12:35:22 -0700
I find a piece of code that can identify devices that are not working
(those marked with an exclamation point icon in Device Manager). You
can find it at
To test it, I install one HP printer without installing its driver on
my machine. And then I check Device Manger, and it lists 3 items under
the "Other devices" category with question marks, and 2 of them have
Then I run my VB6 application along with sample code from Microsoft to
test whether I can detect the problematic items in the Device Manager.
But the application says everything is fine.
My question is how to get information about the problematic devices
with exclaimation marks under "Other devices" category? Thanks a lot.
- Prev by Date: Determine If A File Is Open From Command Line
- Next by Date: Re: DELL have OMCI WMI Provider, HP-IBM have?
- Previous by thread: Determine If A File Is Open From Command Line
- Next by thread: Problems with Win32_PnpDevice???